Professional Personal Chef Reference Manual - Career Edition
The Professional Personal Chef Reference Manual (11th edition) represents 20 years of experience in operating Personal Chef Service businesses. The manual covers the latest, most up-to-date information available from the industry including:
Writing Your Personal Chef Business Plan
- Be equipped and prepared to properly execute a solid business and financial plan.
- Identify areas of strength and weakness and take corrective action
- Create a plan that will serve your business today and tomorrow.
- Your business plan is one of the most important elements you will create, representing your vision and how you will achieve your set goals.
Developing a Strategic Marketing Plan
- Learn when, where and how to market your service.
- Attract the clients best suited for your specific services with defined demographic data.
- Learn the difference between marketing and advertising.
- Identify your target market and plan the most effective approach based upon services offered.
- Your marketing plan is critical to your success. If your target market can’t see and hear your message, you’ve wasted time, money and energy.
Regulations, Licensing, Food Safety and Insurance
- Identify the requirements for local licensing, regulations and food safety.
- Learn about insurance and its impact on your business.
- Learn how to address various regulatory issues.
- The smallest issues can often interfere with your operations unless you clarify your services provided and properly meet all local regulations.
Financial Record Keeping
- Set up and monitor your business finances for maximum profit.
- Learn to streamline your record keeping efforts with easily adaptable templates.
- Figure out how to manage your bottom line and capitalize on your tax advantages.
- Proper financial management and record keeping is critical to a smooth running and profitable small business operation.
- Learn cost-effective menu planning and grocery shopping secrets.
- Discover recipe preparation, packaging and time management techniques.
- Implement efficient, cost-control strategies and checklists.
- Be prepared for any demands or surprises in your day-to-day operations to ensure an enjoyable, profitable and successful day.
- Learn the four critical "essence of marketing" questions.
- Develop a business image including promotional perception techniques.
- Implement efficient PR campaigns with ready-to-use promotional materials.
- A successfully marketed Personal Chef Service enjoys the long-term benefits of healthy, positive cash flow and recognition of its business accomplishments.
- Learn when, where and how to advertise.
- Discover what works and what doesn’t work for a Personal Chef Service.
- Implement out-of-the-box strategies and unique, proven methods of attracting clients.
- A Personal Chef Service requires truly imaginative advertising strategies to attract the target market and yield on-going positive results.
- Learn how to achieve “Big Money” days.
- Develop tier–pricing for maximum profits.
- Discover how to ensure that you earn what you are worth.
- Success as a Personal Chef Service business owner requires adaptability and flexibility in the services and prices offered to truly maximize your bottom line.
Getting the Client
- Learn about interviewing methods and presentation do’s and don’ts.
- Develop first impression strategies to maximize new encounters.
- Identify the implementation techniques needed for long-term contractual clients.
- To land a client, first impressions are vital and your professionalism will speak volumes about your service and quality.
- Obtaining regular repeat business from casual clients.
- Implement “service extra” strategies to maintain positive client relationship.
- Know when and how to reward your long-term client.
- Repeat clients will be the backbone of any successful Personal Chef Service business and are critical for true longevity in the industry.